Bittersweet Purchase

11:52

Hello Gorgeous! Have you read the How To Never Regret A Clothing Purchase Ever Again at Who What Wear? If you haven't, go read it now, cause on this post I'm gonna share my personal experience based on what Who What Wear posted.

Two days ago, Who What Wear posted a link on Twitter and I opened that. Yes, it was the how-to tips. While reading the post, I realised that there is one piece of clothing in my wardrobe that I haven't got the chance to wear. It is a very dark purple bodycon dress from Topshop. I bought it for IDR 200.000 or about £13,14 from the normal price IDR 499.000 or £32,80. A quite good deal, right? But there must be a reason why I haven't worn it yet. The dress is asymmetrical. The bottom part of the dress has a longer side on the back than the front part, which makes me confuse on mixing and matching it with other clothing items. 



Well, I'm 160cm and a bit curvy, so, what do you think? I seriously need your help. I love layering and I think this dress is going to look good if it layered with the right stuff. Cause now I can only think of this: wear a statement necklace and tights and go. What do you think? Should I visit a tailor to cut the longer part but I don't wanna do that− or, do you have any other opinion? Your comment means a lot! X 

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. you should show a picture of you wearing the dress, that'd make it much easier to give you tips :)

    www.undersizedcloset.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just edited the post and added pictures of me wearing the dress. I hope now you see how the dress looks on me. Thanks Nora! X

      Delete
  2. I agree with Nora, however it is usable in many kinds of ways. Heels for night, boots during the day, you can add a belt for a daily look, or long earrings for night. I hope to see the dress on you and then give you better ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just did. Anyway, thank you for the advice, Dharia! Yeah, agree with you, I think I should pair this dress with heels cause if not the longer part of this dress will make me look even shorter. Thank you, xx

      Delete
  3. I love this dress, but i think you should cut off the back end for it may not be flattering in some occasions; if both sides were equal, the look would be more formal and chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought about the same thing, but then I realised that the reason why I bought it because it's asymmetrical and I haven't had one before. Well, maybe I'm just gonna wear it for a night out or shopping. Thanks a lot for your opinion, JJ Li! X

      Delete
  4. hi - you asked me for my opinion (via IFB) and here it is:) - I think it's an lovely dress - honestly - it really suits you - but I would wear it with heels (day and night) even tough it might not be comfy for a shopping day when you are wearing heels :)

    but if you wear it during day - I would push it a bit up and drape it with a nice belt :)

    x, Theri

    http://theriswardrobe.blogspot.co.at/2013/11/outfit-of-day-151113.html
    https://www.facebook.com/theriswardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank's Theri for the compliment and opinion! I really hope the dress will also look good the next time I wear it! X

      Delete
  5. It's a lovely dress. I see it with a big black floppy wool felt hat and a black cross body bag. Plus I would wear it with some spiky sneakers. That way you are pairing classic items with it that you can wear other ways too. Plus the hem is accentuated by the rocker sneakers!

    X
    Kiri
    www.fashionblender.com.au
    www.facebook.com/FashionBlender

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is so nice (I love the longer section at the back so I think you should leave that)! If I was styling it I would wear it with a big pair of heels, a belt and like you said a statement necklace and perhaps a leather jacket over the top.

    - Charlotte
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe